Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vienna

Hi! I am so sorry I haven't written before this! It's just that we were so busy in Vienna we didn't go on a computer to do more than check our e-mail. Did you know that in Vienna the keyboards are all messed up? The y and z keys are in the wrong place, and so are the commas, colons, semi-colons, dashes, question marks, quotes, and apostrophes! It makes writing very difficult.

Vienna was awesome! It's really funny how even though its only 3 hours away from Budapest, no-one from Vienna that we talked to has ever been to Budapest! For most of Wednesday afternoon-evening we spent in downtown walking around. Vienna is famous for its chocolate, and I was just in heaven! The architecture is great in Vienna, and a really good example is the huge church in one of the main squares (see picture).

On Thursday we walked around some more. We went to an amusement park and rode on the huge ferris wheel!I know that ferris wheels are generally little kid things, but this is the ferris wheel in one of the largest amusement parks in the area! It was big. We also went to a museum that had all the crown jewels from various emperors of various countries. They had the largest emerald in the world there! It was pretty cool.

Our hotel room was one of the best hotel rooms that we have stayed in in a while. It was nice and big!We had a great time in Vienna, although I like Budapest better.
I am glad we went there!

No comments: