Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Margrit Island

Hiya! Guess what Dad, Dylan, and I did yesterday? We went to Margrit (pronounced Margaret) Island, which is it the middle of the Danube! It's really cool, like a huge park! I'm sorry, we forgot to bring the camera, but next time we will!

We mostly walked around there. Around a quarter of the way through our time there, Dylan left us to go play Ultimate Frisbee. Dad and I walked around for a while until we came to this really good restaurant! The food was delicious!

After we ate we sat and read on the bench and then we got some ice cream! I got my favorite kind, Magnium, which is like a chocolate bar filled with ice cream! We walked back along the shoreline, and then went home since it was like 6pm (we didn't get out there 'till 3pm). I had a really fun time! I just love plants and trees, so Margrit Island was like a haven for me!

Up Next: It's official! We are definitely going to Vienna! We already have our tickets!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hope you're having fun in Vienna. Can't wait to hear about it!

S-