Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

SWEDEN!

I'm in Sweden! It's so fun here. I'm not sure if I explained this before, but Dad and I are staying in my friend Sheila's house (she grew up with me in Iowa) with her mom Emma and her hamster and four cats!!!!!! It's really nice to see Sheila again, I haven't seen her for almost 3 years and Dad 8!

The first day here was OK. Emma and Sheila picked Dad and I up at the airport after our two-hour plane ride and drove us to their two-bedroom apartment. Sheila and I hung out for the rest of the night.

The next morning Sheila and I woke up at 7 am and went to Sheila's school. There I was introduced to her friends and spent the day with them. Her teacher was really nice, and i learned how to crochet! It was cool how at the beginning and end of school the class sat in a circle on the floor and knitted, crocheted, and did a lot of other projects. In that one day I crocheted three necklace/bracelet things! That night I slept over with Sheila at Sheila's dad Will's house (her parents are divorced) and i met Sheila's rabbit Nibbles. Will works at Sheila's school and lives on campus.

Today I spent the morning at Will's house and at lunchtime Sheila got me to eat lunch with her and afterwards went on a hike with her class. I enjoyed myself a lot. I am SO happy to be here in Sweden with our friends!

I'll try to blog again soon, OK? TTYL!

No comments: