Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Holocaust Museum

Hi! On Wednesday (I know, I know, I forgot to blog this until now when I found the pictures, I'm sorry) Dad and I went to the Holocaust Museum that's in Budapest. It was...... deep. I learned a lot, and saw a lot, too. It was sad, there were films of what the Holocaust was like and they showed dying people.

But the cool thing was that they had a Synagogue there, connected to the museum. You could take pictures there, too, which was nice! But what really touched me was that they had glass benches and there were the names, pictures and cause of death of all the people that belonged to the synagogue and died in the Holocaust. The saddest one was of a little girl that died when she was only three. The thought alone makes me tear up! I mourn for all those deaths.

I'm actually glad that we went to the museum, for although it was horrible seeing the films of all those starving and dying people I learned a lot and achieved some release. You know, on this trip I have learned a lot about the Holocaust and I think I have started to come to terms with it.

"... Real hunger is to look at another man as something to eat. I know what real hunger is." ~Primo Levi

No comments: