Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Boat trip and Szentendre

Hi! Guess what Dad and I did today? We went on a boat up the Danube to a town called Szentendre! (pronounced Sen-tend-ray) The boat ride was fun, around an hour and ten minutes. The breeze was awesome!

Szentendre is a small artist's colony by the Danube. It's really pretty, with cobblestone streets (not many cars, either, which is nice) and lots of church tower spires! I really like the buildings there, it's sorta like Eger where there are short small buildings painted in bright colors. It has a cheery atmospheres, and I really liked it!

One of the really cool places we went to was the Pozarevacka Church. Even though it was small, it was great with absolutely beautiful paintings and eighteenth-century style furnishings. It was cool in the stone room and we stayed there for a while.

After that we walked around for a while, visited another church (this one didn't allow pictures) and went on the train home, since we have to pack for Sweden!

And that's our trip to Szentendre! I liked it a lot.

No comments: