Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Flea market and baths

Hey! Sorry I haven't written before this, we got home late last night and I had things I needed to do....

Yesterday, as I'm sure you know, Monique, Dad, and I went to the flea market and the Turkish baths. It was really fun! We walked to City park, enjoying the nice day and each other's company. The flea market was just how I liked it, with not a lot of people walking around (I don't like being in huge crowds in the small space of the flea market, it makes me a bit claustrophobic). I bought a really cute necklace for a cheap price! We had a really fun time there, looking around.

Soon we went to the baths. There really isn't a good system in the baths. You walk in the door, and there are 3 ticket offices. There's a long line at one and nobody at the other! It's pretty confusing. Anyway, we get our passes and go through the door and upstairs. There are a ton of dressing rooms lining the walls with two walkways. This guy in white directs you to a room, one for the three of us! So, after we all change, the guy in white gives us this string bracelet with a hexagonal piece of metal with three numbers on it and then locks the changing room. We go downstairs and outside to the baths. After around 2 1/2 hours in the baths we went back upstairs and showed the guy in white the bracelet thing, and he unlocked the room. After we changed we went out and got 200 HUF back, for if you come out in 2 hours or less you get 300 HUF back and if you come back in 3 hours or less you get 200 HUF back. It's a really confusing system!

So, then we went to a place to eat, and home. I had a really fun time with Monique! Tomorrow you will hear about Buda with Monique!

No comments: