Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Buda with Monique

Hi! As you probably know, yesterday Dad, Monique, and I went to Buda. It was really fun! We went across the chain bridge and took the lift up to the castle. The view was awesome! We were planning on going to the National Gallery, but since it was such a beautiful day we decided that we'd rather stay outside. So we walked over to the medieval Jewish Synagogue. It was pretty cool, there were all these gravestones with Hebrew on them!

After the synagogue, we walked around for a while, enjoying the day. At one point we were listening to a man play the violin, and since we put some money into the case he walked over and started playing for us! He asked where we were from, and when Monique said she was from France, he started playing old French songs! It was cool.

The rest of the time in the castle was mostly spent walking around. We had a very good lunch, and then decided to go home. When we were walking back, we stopped at a little fountain and watched the pigeons drink from our bench! I loved watching the birds come and drink. There was even one that rolled around on the wet sidewalk by the fountain to take a bath! It was funny.

So that was our day in Buda!

No comments: