Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Hey! I'm back! OhMyGosh, I haven't written in, like, a week! I am so sorry! It's just that a very nice person lent me their computer where Dad is working, and I would have posted, but it didn't let me on anything that requires signing in! I couldn't even check me e-mail! Ugh, it was so annoying.

Amsterdam rocks! Although I'm not in the city anymore, I'm in the Hague, around an hour by train from Amsterdam. We didn't really do anything in Amsterdam, seeing as we were only there for one day and we were pretty jet-lagged on top of it. Oh, I forgot to tell you! Dad's friend/business partner met us here! His name is Bill. He's really nice and he and his wife are taking care of our cat Graysie (pronounced Gracie) for us! S o I totally owe him one.

I really like the Hague, more than Amsterdam, although we are freezing our noses off here! Brr, not like in Budapest where it's 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit this week! You know, it kinds reminds me of New York, with all the tall buildings and lots of parks.... it's just not as busy when you're walking around. And, here's something that's very annoying- they pull in the streets at 8:00 at night! Literally! Everything closes up at eight, so if you go out to eat late you won't find anything.

The whole reason we came to Amsterdam is Dad's work. He has been working for the International Criminal Court of the Hague for a while now, and they needed him and Bill to come out and visit them personally, so that's what they did. I must confess I don't know a lot about the ICC (International Criminal Court), so you may have to look it up online.

I'm still doing school here, which stinks. My math time has been bumped up from 50 minutes a day to an hour and a half a day! Nooo! Well, if I don't get it done on the trip, I'll have to do it over the summer with my mom, so I guess it's good that it got bumped up. But still, and hour and a half! (Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating, but I can do that, right?)

Dad and I had fun yesterday, since he got a day off from work. We went to a museum and the beach! The museum was fun, although we did a scary murder-solving thing with made me have nightmares last night :(. The beach was really great, too!

Uh-oh, I gotta go, I don't have much time left. I'll try to update soon, OK?
Bye!

No comments: