Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Filler post

Hey! This is just a filler post that I'm putting in before Dad and I go to Amsterdam!

Good news! My brother Eli and his friend Dylan are coming for a few days! We have no idea when they'll be here, though, but it'll be sometime when Dad and I are in Amsterdam. I can't wait to see them!

Something funny happened yesterday. Since we have cable TV and a VCR/DVD player here, Dad and I have been looking around for a place to rent videos. Well, yesterday we finally found one! So we got the DVD Transformers, only to find that, in fact, we have no DVD player! Only a VCR! So Dad is out right now returning the DVD.

Tonight we are going to pack for the trip. We are taking 5 bags- I know, it's a lot, but we'll make do. There will be my Rollie, which has our clothes in it, both backpacks, and both laptops. I will be carrying the brunt of the stuff, but I'm OK with that since we don't want Dad's back going out again. Speaking of Dad's back, it is feeling much, much better. Anyway, Dad is taking the Rollie and his backpack, and I'll be taking my backpack and both the laptops. It'll work!

Sorry guys, I gotta go now, lots to do! Next time I post I'll be in Amsterdam! Woohoo!

No comments: