Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

We're here!

We have arrived in Budapest! Yay!

We have rented a flat out for a month, maybe two months. It's small, but workable, although I sleep on the sofa-bed since there is only one bedroom. I'm not complaining, though! The layout is like this: You walk through the front door, and there is a hallway right in front of you. A couple steps in and to the left is an archway leading into the kitchen, which is fully equipped with everything you need, even a washing machine! Further on in the hallway, also to the left, is the bathroom. At the end of the hallway are double doors with the kind of glass that's usually in showers and you can't see it. The doors are twice the height of Dad!

Through those doors is the main room. It's a fair-sized room, complete with a TV, sofa, armchair, and a table w/chairs. The best thing about it is yet to come. In the far right corner are some stairs. Up them is the bedroom, only big enough for a double bed (we keep our clothes in the closet). There is only two walls, the other two are railings. It's like a platform above the living-room. The color scheme of the place is quite nice. Two thirds on the walls are light yellow and the other third is a warm white. The whole place is 40 square meters, or about 400 square feet. I know it sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

Budapest is great! It's really rainy here, reminds me of Seattle. I feel sort of claustrophobic here since the buildings on both sides of the street are high and you can't really see the sky.

I'm in a WiFi place but my power cord doesn't plug into the wall since the number and size of the prongs are wrong. Of course, I forgot the adapter that makes it possible for my power cord to plug into the socket, and I don't feel like going out in the rain to go get it and my power is running out, so I have to go. I'll try to blog soon, hopefully we'll get Internet at home in two-four days, OK? Bye!

No comments: