Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Psychology

Last night, my dad and I had an interesting talk. We were talking about our planet. Dad told me that we are a zero-class planet. Class 1, the lowest of the three best, is where we use all the Earth's resources- oil, gas, wind power, sun power, wave power, lightning power... all that. Class 2 is where you use the Earth's resources and our solar systems, stuff like mines on Mars. Class 3, the highest, is where you do the class one and two stuff, but you use the universe- speed of light travel, visiting other solar systems....

Then the talk changed to aliens, and why we have never met them, nor they seek out us. I mean, what if there is a species and a planet similar to ours, but a million years ahead of us? Why haven't they come here? Well, I was thinking that maybe it's because they consider us inferior to them. If you could go anywhere, would you go here? No. Dad says there are three theories to that question. (1) Maybe they are living among us, we just don't know about it. (2), Maybe they have visited us, but the government is keeping it from us. And (3), maybe there are none out there. Number 3 is what my dad believes in. Maybe no planet ever gets past the point that we are at. Maybe they destroy themselves with the wars and such. Who knows?

I don't believe in any of those. In truth, I have never really thought of that before. I don't believe in God. I believe in evolution, but also in that the animals around us are just as smart as we are, we just let our own ignorance blind us. I don't really think highly of my own species right now. I mean, we're destroying the only things we have- our lives and the Earth we live on. Pretty soon we might absolutely kill our planet, and in doing so sentence ourselves to death.

But there still is some hope, hope that if we can finally grow up and stop being separate countries and having wars, and just share what we have, then we are moving on to the next step. The next step of life.

No comments: