Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mom and Kate

Hey! Mom and Kate are here!!

Mom came in to Chiang Mai at around 4:45pm after her plane was delayed one hour, and she pulled up in front of our house at around 5pm. Kate, however, came much later after being stuck in a traffic jam and coming to her gate too late, then having to wait five hours before getting on another flight. She arrived at our house around 9:00pm. They literally collapsed into bed not long after.

The next morning I got up at around 8:30am. But Kate slept in 'till 11:00! We went out to what we thought was an umbrella festival, but it turned out that the umbrella festival was next weekend! So we went to an umbrella factory instead. Mom and I each bought an umbrella! And they were doing these really cool paintings on T-shirts, hats, and anything you have on you. After the factory we went home, and at around 6:00 we went to the Sunday market. I bought a T-shirt. It was very crowded, and after we got dinner we went right back and to bed.

I am so excited that our guests are here; I am sure that we will have a wonderful time together!

Coming soon: On Friday we are going on two separate trips since our visas are almost expired. Kate and Dad are going to Laos, and Mom and I are traveling to Singapore to visit our friend Karen.

No comments: