Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Elephant ride (3)

Hi! Yesterday Mom, Kate, and I did a very exciting thing. You know the elephant riding thing that I went on twice, once with Dad and once with Kali and her parents? Well, I did it again, except it was a slightly different trip. We went to an elephant camp and saw a show, went riding on the elephants, then bamboo rafting, ox-cart riding, and last but not least an orchid and butterfly farm. I liked this one a lot better than the other ones I went on.

The elephant show was fun. The elephants did a lot of tricks. They danced to music, kicked a soccer ball (or football, if you don't use the term soccer), and even gave some people a massage with their trunks and feet! Riding the elephant was fun, too. We crossed a river, and went through the rain forest, and then turned around and came back.

The bamboo rafting was great! What I really liked about it was that there were little benches on the raft, and so we didn't get wet at all. It was very relaxing.

The orchid and butterfly farm was even better. The flowers were beautiful, all bright colors and smells. There was a stream there, too, with a little old-fashioned bridge made of wood. The butterfly's were in a separate netted-in room. There weren't many breeds of bright colors, but it was still cool.

I had a good time, and hope to go back there again.

No comments: