Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The tour

Hey, everybody! Yesterday was one of the most exciting days of my life.

Dad had signed us up for a little tour, where we would go out and do a whole bunch of stuff. There were 6 people besides us, an Australian couple and 4 Israelis.
Guess what the first thing we did was? We rode an elephant!!! I nicknamed her Elly. Elephants have really tough skin, and a big appetite. We got some treats for her for 20b there, and every few steps she stopped and put up her trunk to ask for another one! In front of us there was a elephant and her baby. The baby was so cute.

After the elephant ride, which took about 1 hour, we went on a little hike after stopping at a tribal village. The forest is so beautiful there, with all the green plants and the butterflies... oh, it was heaven. Our destination was a secluded waterfall. It was great, and there was a bamboo woven bridge to the other side, and everything! And on the other side was a little shop, and the shopkeeper owned 2 cats, and she let me hold one! The one I held was mostly white, but she had a black and orange striped tail, some black and orange spots on her back, and a black and orange top of head and ears. The other one was just black and white. They were so small and soft! Our tour guide, Wi (pronounced we) took some pictures of us on her cell phone and she's going to send them to me via email. We ate a good lunch when we got back, and continued on to our next activity, white water rafting!

The white water rafting was awesome! We went on a raft with the Australian couple. I got totally soaked! It was a bamboo raft, and water came in through the gaps in between the trunks. And then some of the drivers got into a splashing contest with me as the target!
The river was so peaceful, and we just floated. Near the end, the driver asked for two people to get off. Dad and the other guy got off, so it was only the girls on there. Then we went down a mini waterfall! Seriously, it was only water running over an average-sized boulder, but boy it was fun! All too soon the rafting was over, and we went home soaking wet because we didn't bring towels.

Like I said, yesterday was a 9 on the scale from 1-10, and that's almost the highest you can go! You can't really do a 10, can you, because it means that nothing could be better, and there's always something better. But you can do a 9 1/2, or 9 3/4, can't you? Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Goodbye, everyone, and I hope that your day was as good as mine!

No comments: