Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Filling you in

Hey!
We finally got Internet, and it's much sooner than I thought! So now it's time for a little fill-in.

The plane rides coming here were fine, despite having to shlep 8 bags across at least 10 countries. The really cool thing about one of them is that each seat had it's own personal TV!

When we got to Thailand, we went and we checked into The Suriwongse (Sir-i-wong-say) Hotel in Chaing Mai after a short flight from Bangkok. We stayed there for a couple nights, but then we got kicked out because the hotel was full. So we moved down the block to the Downtown Inn.

Also, I got new glasses! Since I'm only 11 and my eyes are still changing, I need new glasses around every 6 months. I really love these!

Then, on Monday of the following week, we moved into this apartment.

It's a two-bedroom apartment. My bedroom is the one with the pink blanket. It's the smaller one, but it gets more sun and I like it better. It's ironic, since Dad wanted the one I didn't want, so it all works out.

The kitchen and living room are nice, too. The kitchen has everything we could possibly need, including dishes and a fridge. The living room is spacious, and has a couch and 2 other chairs. It also has our computer table, which is very handy.

But I think the best part of all, even better than the Cable TV, is the balcony. it is so cool, and I've always wanted a balcony. Both of our rooms have a door leading to it. We are thinking of getting a little table and some chairs and putting them out there.

I really like the location of the house. It is very near a wat, a kind of a church where people go and pray to the Buddha. It is also near the mall. I really do love this place!

For the past few days, Dad and I have been exploring the "'hood" and Chaing Mai. Thailand is such a great place. I have a feeling that my time here will be wonderful.

P.S.-You know that story that I wrote that's link is on the sidebar? Well, I'm changing it. It is now going to be the link to my account homepage on the site where I write my stories. Now you can read all of the stories that I have written! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey "Rachel the Girl!" Jennie here in the Staff Lounge with your mama -- looking at all of this AMAZING stuff -- how great -- I love your blog and look forward to finding time to read your stories, too!

We miss you -- Gillie says "hi"

Say hi to your dad and have a great day -- it's SNOWING here -- you're not missing anything!

Jennie