Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The movie, the park, and the fish

Hello, everybody! Dad and I have gone all over town in the last few days. On Sunday we decided to go to a movie- The Golden Compass. I'm sure you've heard of it before. But I recommend reading the book instead of watching the movie- the book is always better.

At the mall that is near us there is a cinema. We went there and were going to see a movie but we found out that the English-made movies were in Thai and the Thai-made movies were in English. So the Golden Compass was in Thai. But the movie theater in the Airport plaza had it in English! So we rented a motorcycle on Sunday and tried to go there. But we ended up going to the Sunday market first, and the movie at 3:30 instead of 1:30. The movie was great, but like I said the book is better.

Then, on Monday, we went out again. We had seen on our map that there was a national park close by. So we went- and it was awesome (sorry we don't have any pictures)! There was a pond that had all these other ponds connected to it, and I assume they go all through the park. And there was this platform that was connected to the bank but goes out into the lake that you can sit at and look at the pigeons. And guess what the cool part is? There were all these fish in the lake! there were tiny tiny ones that you could barely see swimming right beneath the water, and big carp that swim at the bottom. You know how I knew that those carp were there if I couldn't see them? because the people on the bench next to us were throwing bread crumbs in the water and the carp were coming up and eating them. They were huge! And Dad says that when we get a chance we will go and feed them! And this time we will bring the camera so that i can take pictures for you to see.

Gotta go, now! Bye.

No comments: