Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, December 21, 2007

The cooking class

Hey! Dad and I did something really cool yesterday! I guess I forgot to tell you this, but Dad signed us up for a Thai cooking class. So we went on Thursday, and it rocked! The place was out in the countryside, and there was an organic farm there, so all the vegetable ingredients were grown right there and wouldn't have any chemicals on them or anything.

The first thing we did was drive to the local market. On the way there, other people were picked up, and we were surprised to see the family that we had met and talked to the other day! (One of them, Sasha, who is around 20 years old, has a blog about her semester in Thailand. If you want to see it, the URL is: http://sashainthailand07.blogspot.com) At the local market we learned about rice and looked around. Then we continued on to the farm.

When we got to the farm, we went and looked at the plants that we were going to use in our cooking. Some of the plants were: chilies, basil, parsley, and eggplant.

The first thing we cooked was red/green curry with chicken. We started out on a balcony over the river that was there, but then moved into the building. We had to pound the curry stuff, and fry the chicken. The dishes were relatively easy, and small. Next on the agenda was chicken with cashews and veggies. This we did inside. Everyone had their own cooking stations, which I really liked. After the chicken with cashews, we made papaya salad. Then it was time for lunch. Everything was delicious!!

After a two-hour break, we made one more dish and dessert. The other dish was stir-fried noodles with tofu. (I LOVE TOFU! MINE MINE MINE!) The dessert was mango with sticky rice- that mango was the best I have ever tasted!

That was such a good day, even though I don't remember any of the recipes or nutin'. So, I have made Thai food! Yay, me! Congratulate me or I won't give you cookies! Grr! (I apologize for my moments of total insanity, people. JUST LIVE WITH IT!)

Well, everything must come to an end, including this post. Let's all shed a tear of... of whatever. *Moment of silence* okigottagonowihaveadoctorsappointmentorwhatever. *Rushes out. And, then from outside you hear "I'M FREEE!* :D

No comments: