Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thailand!

OhMyGosh, its been so long since I've written! Almost 12 days!

Well, we finally found a house after, like, 5 days of searching the city from top to bottom. We even had multiple realtors helping us! It isn't really a house, it's a two-bedroom apartment (Eli, don't get mad at Dad for this) in the Old City. What's the Old City? The Old City was built in around 1200 A.D. Today you can still see the walls and the moat, although there isn't much left of the walls anymore. Chaing Mai is the oldest continuously lived-in city in Thailand.

Before we found the apartment, we were living in a hotel situated inside the Night Market. The Night Market is where people trying to earn a little extra money set up stalls and sell stuff for a cheap price. It is very cool, and there are even people from the four tribes that go there and try to sell stuff.

I won't be able to post a lot now, and I'm sorry that there isn't any pics in this post, but I'm in an Internet cafe right now. I will post little things now and then, but in a week or so we will have Internet and I will fill you in. But don't forget to keep coming!

No comments: