Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thailand-the country of eating!

You know, when you think of Thailand, you don't think of food, do you? Italy's the food place, right? Not to me, it isn't! Thailand has foods from all over the world- American, Japanese, Thai, Chinese... the list goes on and on! Dad and I don't even eat at home anymore! All we do is go out, and the life is good.

One of our fave restaurants is right across the street from us. It is a Japanese restaurant, and it is good. My favorite dishes are breaded pork on rice, and teriyaki-style chicken with small dishes of rice, soup-of-the-day, and fruits. Dad usually gets Sushi.

I've also found that I love noodles, and meatballs. There are typically 3 kinds of noodles: the rice noodles- thin white noodles-, the glass (?) noodles- wide and almost see through-, and egg noodles- like rice noodles except they're yellow, a result of being cooked with egg-.

There are so many Thai foods to try here, so many that I don't hunger for hamburgers! Thailand really is a great country.

No comments: