Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tel Aviv and Jaffa with Itzhak

Good morning, everyone! On Monday Dad and I toured Tel Aviv with Itzhak. It was really fun. We met up early with Itzhak, and went to the train station, where I spotted a sign that said Bus from Haifa-Amman, which is exactly what we need on the day we go to Thailand! Well, anyway, we took the 1 hour train ride to Tel Aviv.
We toured Tel Aviv for a while. There were all these cool old buildings, which Dad loved. We even went in a building's courtyard which had one of those really old elevator shafts on the outside of the building. It was really cool. We went to another building that had a lion in front of it :) We went to a whole lot of places like that.
At around 11:00 we went to the neighboring town of Jaffa. There we went to the visitors center, where we saw a show about the history of Jaffa. Then we went and ate lunch at this Mediterranean food place that was really good, with a lot of courses. Then we looked around a bit more, and went home. And I got ice cream at the train station! Yay! At home we just lazed (or I lazed, Dad had to work :( ) around for the rest of the day :) (I AM OBSESSED WITH SMILEYS YAY!!!!!!) Well I'd better go and work on school. Bye!

No comments: