Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The beach, the church, and the story

Hi, everybody. It has been suddenly very hot here lately- so hot that we have been going to the beach! Imagine that- going to the beach in November! We went on Friday- when it was like 70 degrees.

I wore my new goggles. And I totally freaked out! I could see the fishies. I suddenly got really scared of them- maybe it's because they bite you and it hurts. :P But I had a fun time, I just went in and layed on the blanket and read. Yay, happydance! (I know that happydancing has nothing to do with this, but I'm a little crazy right now and so I wanted to put that in there :) )

The next day we also went somewhere cool. Simon had recommended that we go to the Stella Maris church, a 10-minute walk from here. So we did! The church was beautiful! It had all these intricate murals on the walls and ceilings, and it was just so beautiful!

After the museum, we went down the ramp that led to the cablecars. Too bad they weren't running, because it was Saturday, and therefore the Sabbath. But we will, someday! We also saw these really cool birds that turned out to be kestrels! They just hovered in the air. At first we thought that someone had their toy kite out, but then it went and swooped away, so we knew it was a bird. (Miss. Mchard, I hope you're reading this!!) All in all, the past few days have been fun.

P.S.- I have published part of a story I have written on the web, so if you want to read it you can find the link in the sidebar!

No comments: