Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't written in a while, there's not been much to write about. But I thought I'd write about Saturday because it was interesting. Saturday is the Sabbath here.
I woke up at around 9:30, and promptly invited Shir over to my apartment. At around 10:00 he came over, bringing a milkie! Yay! A milkie is a dessert that is chocolate pudding with artificial whipped cream on top- oh, the artificial goodness! Shir and I played on the computer until lunch, when we went over to Shir's for lunch. In the afternoon came the really exciting part- Dad, Orit, Sleel, and I went on an hour or so long walk through the woods! And because on Friday there was the first rain of the season, it smelled so nice and everything was green... oh, it was so cool! And guess what we saw? We saw both a live and a dead coyote!!!
I was the one who spotted the live coyote. I saw something moving on top of the hill. At first I thought it was a small mammal (I really need to get new glasses), and it turned out to be a coyote scratching it's ear! It looked right at us, and then got up and slunk away. A little while along the path, I saw some white stuff under a bush which turned out to be a dead coyote's teeth! Ew, the poor thing. You know, Saturday was the first time I had ever seen a coyote. They really have a resemblance to wolves, I was surprised. We finally got home when it was just getting dark out.
Saturday was a exciting day, don't you think?

No comments: