Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A sprained ankle, a museum, and a cat.

Hi! Guess what I did on Monday? Well... lets see here... oh, I managed to go out on the hottest day ever, trip on the curb, get scratched up, and sprain my ankle. Isn't that wonderful?

Well, it started out like this: Dad and I got up really early to try to go to the Science Museum. We got out the door and discovered- what luck?- that the Hamsin (ham-see-n), the really hot wind from across the Arabian Desert was blowing especially hard. And, before I got 10 feet from the apartment complex, I tripped and fell on the curb. My list of injuries were this:

1 bruised elbow

1 scratched-up knee,

and 1 sprained ankle.

Well, we sure wouldn't be going out that day- I could barely get to the pharmacy down the block on my bum leg. My elbow and my ankle still hurt- 2 days later! Oh, well.

So Monday we stayed home and Tuesday we went to the Science Museum... but that is another story.

P.S.- the cat in the title has nothing to do with anything, I just threw it in there for fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachael,
What a couple of days you had there! You're so resiliant. I hadn't checked in in a while, so it was good to do that this afternoon. Callie