Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Hi, peeps, sorry I haven't written in a while. Yesterday was one of the worst days in my life.
Dad and I went to the Science Museum, with a notebook to write things down in for school, and backpacks- the whole bit. We stayed there for a while, and then went to the bookstore because I had been running low on books. We got back in the afternoon 'cause Dad had to work. And when I went on the computer to Google some of the stuff that I wrote down in the notebook we discovered that I had left it!

Also, I forgot to mention that Dad's work notes were in that notebook. Dad then totally lost his temper, shouting and cursing and stuff. Don't get me wrong- he had a right to do that- he has a report to write using those notes. I, of course, was crying. He made me go out and go back to the Science Museum, which I gladly did. But I got lost on the way there, and by the time I did something about it, I was pretty much crying again! I am glad that I asked this woman walking by to show me where we were on the map because she not only did that, but she walked with me all the way there- she was very nice. You know, now that I think about it, I never got her name!

Well, eventually I did get there. I didn't find it. I was so scared about what Dad would do when I got home without it! He really scared me earlier. But everything worked out and he wasn't that mad at me after all! He apologized to me, too, and it broke my heart. It turned out that he wasn't yelling at me at all- he was yelling at himself. Yesterday was so emotionally and mentally hard on me. but today is better, and it even rained for the first time! Yay!

Well, I hope I won't be doing that again, and from now on I'll try to be careful.
Amen.

No comments: