Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Ireland and New York

Hey, all! I'm in New York! I'm sooo happy. Well, here's what happened in Ireland!

Ireland was, all in all, pretty boring. Dad and I were really sick, so we mostly stayed in the hotel room for the whole time there. I am getting better now, but Dad isn't.

New York is awesome! Today we went to the Strand, one of the two biggest and best bookstores in the US (the other one's in Portland, Oregon) and I bought three books including the one I've been looking for for forever and I'm soooooo happy!

Tomorrow Dad and I are planning to go to Uncle Harry's house, I'm really excited! See you then!

P.S. For those of you who are wondering, I am planning to end this blog a day before I leave for Iowa, June 1st. Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Rachael,

It's been wonderful travelling around the world "with" you through your writing. You did a great job!

Love, Sherri