Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Castle, History, and Movie

Hey! Yesterday Dad, Eli, Dylan and i did something together. You remember how Dad and I went up to the castle in what seems like so long ago? Well, Eli and Dylan took Dad and I to see what used to be the institute, and they showed us some history.

After that we walked around on the other side of the river in Buda, and Dylan and Eli showed us some more interesting history. Then it was time for the movie.

A couple nights ago Eli Dad and I stopped by this interesting movie theatre and decided to see a movie. So we went last night. The movie was called Into The Wild (Important Note: If you don't want to spoil the movie don't read the next paragraph, OK?)

Into the Wild was about a young boy named Chris who leaves his home at the age of 20-21. He decides to go to Alaska and live with nothing but his wits and a few things he packed. But on his way he journeys through the Dakotas and Oregon and a couple other places and meets some amazing people. But then, tragedy strikes. Chris eats the brown bears potato instead of the wild potato, and finds out he is going to die. He eventually died in a "magic bus" he found abandoned in Alaska. His body was found two weeks later in the bus by bear hunters. It was really sad, but he achieved enlightenment before he died. I loved it.

So that was what we did yesterday! I had a fun time.

No comments: