Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Park

Hey! Guess what Dad and I did yesterday? We went to this really cool reservoir! We had some trouble getting there, though. We went on the road for a while, didn't see it, went back and asked directions, went on the road, and guess what? A few meters up from where we stopped was the sign that said the name of the reservoir! So we went on the little road, and we came to a highway! It didn't look right, since on the map there was an unbroken road to the reservoir. So we went back to the beginning of the little dirt road, and asked directions from a stand guy there. He said that we needed to get across the highway. So we went back, and ended up going along all these little roads before we found the right one. Finally, we came to the reservoir.

The lake there was beautiful! It was right by the lush, green mountains, and there were trees everywhere! And, we later found out, on the other side of the lake than where we were were these little bamboo huts that you could just lay in. Some were even floating on the water (Too bad we forgot the camera)!

So, when we got there, we rented out a mat to lay on, and found some shade. We read most of the time, except when Dad persuaded me to get in the water. I didn't like it much.

I am so tired right now! For the past three night, I haven't been getting to sleep until past midnight! Ugh!

Dad and I are going to go to that reservoir again, and we will bring the camera next time! Toodles!

No comments: