Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Last Post on Cambodia

"Hello, Ladies and Gents! Here's what you've all been waiting for! The majestic, the amazing, the wonderful LAST POST ON CAMBODIA!!"... *waits*...*chirp chirp*... "Hello! People! This is where you're supposed to applause!"

The morning of the day called Sunday the Second we set out. We did the long, bumpy 4-hour drive to Poipet, and there we crossed the border. We were a bit nervous about the border crossing because you were only allowed to stay for 90 days in a period of six months in a country. But what we didn't know was did that mean that we were only allowed three visas, or does that mean that you could get as many visas as you wanted provided you did not stay in Thailand over 90 days? If it was the former, then I was in big trouble because it would be my fourth visa. Dad was OK, since his visa had the multiple entries thing on it. We hoped fervently it would be the latter.

So we got up to the desk at the Passport Control. Dad handed his in first, and he passed through. Then it was my turn. At first it seemed OK, but then the guy started reading my passport. We caught our breath. But then he got the stamp thing and stamped my passport! I was through!

From the border we took a four-hour bus ride to Bangkok. We were hoping that we would be able to walk on a flight for really cheap, because if we couldn't we'd have to go on an overnight 8-12 hour bus ride to Chiang Mai! Fortunately, luck was with us, and we got on a flight.

It was so nice to see Mom again when we got home! We wanted to get there fast since she would be leaving to go back to America on Wednesday.

So now we're back in Thailand! But soon, in one-two weeks or so, we will be leaving for Europe! We aren't sure where we want to go, it's between Spain and Czech Republic. I'll let you know when we make up our mind! I gotta go now!

No comments: