Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hello! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We had our own Thanksgiving here in Israel. We cooked a 15-pound turkey along with some potatoes and yams and brought it to the Sabbath dinner. Too bad no one really ate it, they're all vegetarians. We're still trying to get rid of it!

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and a good winter! You know, while I'm on the subject of winter, Dad and I had an interesting talk a bit ago. We realized that it's 70+ degrees here, and we're all bundled up and freezing! If it was 70 degrees in Iowa, per say, we would all be running around in our shorts and t-shirts!

Have a great holiday.

P.S. I've noticed that sometimes the picture don't show up on the blog, I'm really sorry, but there's nothing I can do.

No comments: