Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Trip

Hello, all! On Monday, Dad and I are going on a trip to Sinai and Jordan. We will go snorkeling in Sinai and we are going to visit Petra and Wadi Rem and be in the desert around Jordan-I can't wait! During a period of about 10 days, I probably won't be able to write anything, so don't forget about me, and check back in 10 days, there will be a lot to read! I'd better go pack, so bye!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rachel and Phillip,

I kid you Philip. Glad your back is better. Sounds like the trip is going great. Just got caught up on it today. Rockies Rule.

Enjoy the day. Peace.

Doug

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to be able to read you blog and find out what you are doing. Grandpa David and I are able to "travel" with you - and that is especially nice since we don't get out as we are taking care of Grammie Dorothy. That is taking all our time, but sometimes it is enjoyable too as she can be really funny. She has a little stuffed cat called "Miss Kitty" that she picked up in the middle of the night when Grandpa went to check on her and she said: "You're a bird" and tried to scare him with Miss Kitty. Your father jumped and she laughed and laughed.
I enjoyed your comment about the lion and the lamb lying down in peace together. This is a quote found in many different places and religions - - even Elvis Presley's famous song "Peace in the Valley". There is a famous Quaker artist named Hicks who spent his entire life painting different depictions of what that scene might look like.
We'll check in awhile to see what you have to say. We've missed looking for awhile as the coumputer is in a shed back in the orange grove behind Grammie Dorothy's cottage and I wasn't able to get back there for about a week of more. Lots of love and hello to your Dad from me. Grammie Anita

Margie said...

Hi Rachael,
I know that you and your dad are on a trip to Egypt and Jordan, and don't have computer access. I can't wait to hear all about it, so when you get back be sure to blog! I love reading it. Cousin Claire yesterday told me that she's been reading your blog also. I can't wait to see you up close and personal!
Mama

Unknown said...

Hey Rachael girl! I love your blog. You write so nicely and your stories are so interesting. Hope that you are having fun on your current adventure! Keep on blogging!

Coco sends her best high-five. :)

Anonymous said...

Rachael,
Your mom sent me the link to your blog. I have read it all, and really enjoyed it. Keep it up. And thank you. Callie Marsh