Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The House

Some of you have been telling me to get some pictures of my house on the blog, so here they are! They might be a little hectic, but remember I haven't really figured this out yet.

This is the living room, with our couch which I used to sleep on before I got my bed. To the left is Dad sitting at his desk working. He has a special chair he has to sit on because of his back.
This is our kitchen which you can see both to the left and below. The house came with all the furniture and plates and cups and stuff like that. If you look down to the other picture of the kitchen and to the far right corner, you will see a roughly rectangular piece of wood. It is a mask from Africa that Simon and Orit gave us along with some paintings that Simon did that you will see in various pictures. I think Simon is very talented.


One of Simon's pictures is to the left. It is of a dirt road, and there is a puddle in the middle that is reflecting some trees.





The two pictures on the left are of our bedrooms. Mine is the top one, as you can see. Might I add that these pictures were taken by moi?

To the right is the view of the ocean from Dad's bedroom window. We went to the ocean a couple days ago for just 10 minuets with Simon and Orit; it was so nice and warm, but I got salt in my eyes more that once. :P

Ta ta for now!

No comments: