Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Beach

Hey, peeps! Today Dad and I finally made it to the beach!!! It was really nice. The water was warm, and there were great "bodysurfing waves", as Dad put it. But Dad's back is still horrible, he says it is usually only out for a couple days, and its getting better, but he couldn't stay in for long. I really liked the beach, I've always loved water, but I still needed lots of breaks. If you got out far enough, it was fine, but there was a point when you just can't take it anymore, the waves break over your head and push you down with barely enough time to come up after one before you have to dive down again because another wave is coming.

A while after we got to the beach, Dad said that he had to get up and walk around and he just couldn't take it anymore. His back hurt when he went out, and after he had sat in the sand for a while, I bet he was bored. So we went and walked around until I saw a dinner place and announced that I was hungry. So we got dinner there, sitting and watching the waves. It was very peaceful.

Then we had to go home because there was a guy coming to look at the washing machine because it doesn't drain or spin, so we have to squeeze the clothes out before we can hang them up. It turned out we didn't make it home in time because Dad didn't bring his cell phone with us in case he called, we can't figure out how to listen to the messages and we don't have the guys phone number to call him back if we did figure it out, and he hasn't called us back, either. (There are some long sentences in this thing, guys. :)

Well, I guess I be going now. Bye.

No comments: