Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Apartment pictures

Hi! Since I'm sure you guys have been wondering, I have decided to do a post with pictures of the apartment! The description came from my other post, We're here.


You walk through the front door, and there is a hallway right in front of you. (picture below)
A couple steps in and to the left is an archway leading into the kitchen (picture on the left), which is fully equipped with everything you need, even a washing machine! Further on in the hallway, also to the left, is the bathroom, which Dad says is the best bathroom he's had in his life. At the end of the hallway are double doors with the kind of glass that's usually in showers which you can't see through. The doors are twice the height of Dad!


Through those doors is the main room. It's a fair-sized room, complete with a TV, sofa, armchair, and a table w/chairs (picture on the left). The best thing about it is yet to come. In the bottom left corner are some stairs (see picture on the left). Up them is the bedroom, only big enough for a double bed (picture below) -we keep our clothes in the closet. There are only two walls, the other two are railings. It's like a platform above the living-room. The color scheme of the place is quite nice. Two thirds of the walls are light yellow and the other third is a warm white. The whole place is 40 square meters, or about 400 square feet.


So, those are the pictures of the apartment! I hope you now have an idea about what our place looks like. Bye!

No comments: