Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rachael, Rachael, Rachael of the jungle, WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!

Hey! Guess what Dad, Mom, Erin, Eli, and I did yesterday? We went ziplining!!

It was a forty-five minute drive to where we were going. There were five other people there besides us, but we got separated into two groups. We first went to a beautiful waterfall. It was so beautiful, there were seven levels of it, and you had to climb very, very steep stairs to get to it.

After that we had a... sorta good lunch. Eli had a hard time with it, though, since he's vegetarian and it was all meat. Luckily, they had a dish for vegetarians, but it wasn't really enough.

Then it was time for the ziplining! We would be away for two hours, but first we had to wait a half-hour for the our harnesses to come! Grrr! Then, finally, we piled into the van and set off. We arrived at the place and we were shown how to zipline. Our brake was a piece of bamboo in the shape of the top part of a triangle. Ziplining was awesome! The rush of the wind, and the trees going past... yahoo! But at one point I braked too soon and came to a complete stop before I reached the platform. So I wrapped my legs around a handy nearby bamboo tree, and went hand-over-hand to the platform! It was fun!

I am so glad we went, we had such a great time! Join us next time on the Itinerant Ramblings show!

*Music playing in background as Itinerant Ramblings exits
'... Rachael, Rachael, Rachael of the jungle... Watch out for that tree!'*

No comments: