Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trip Down South Days 4&5

The fourth and fifth day we just mostly went to National Parks. The fourth day we stopped by at the hospital for Bob to get a tetanus shot. Because he is deathly afraid of shots, he didn't get covered before we went on the trip, and because of the monkey incident we didn't want him to get a disease. He did very well with the shot, though.

We tried to go to a national park after that, but it didn't work out. There was this really high-pitched squeaky sound that hurt our ears. We didn't get very far when we had to turn back because it was really bothering us. After that we went home, and Kali and I went swimming.

Our last day, we did go to a National Park, but it turned out to be a rip-off. It said that there was a waterfall, but we walked all over and didn't find one. Apparently you might have to boat to a waterfall, or something. It stunk.

We tried to go to another one of those National Parks, one by those huge towers of rock and trees coming out of the land. There were even some out in the ocean. But we drove for a very long way, and we couldn't find it. We ended up going home.

Our flight to Bangkok was at 5:30pm. We flew to Bangkok, and there my Dad met us. There we also parted. I miss them so much, but hopefully we'll be getting together this summer. The flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai got delayed, so instead of flying out at 9:00pm, we flew out at 11:00pm. It was very annoying. Then, when we got to Chiang Mai, we could not catch a taxi until we had walked halfway to the house. We got to bed around 1:00am. Whew!

The trip was very fun, and it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for my friends and me. :)

No comments: