Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

I can't really think up a title right now...

Well, we did it! we went all the way to Burma and back!

We got up at 6:15, and went to the bus station at 7:00. Our bus left at 8:00. It was a loooong drive- five hours, from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Then we just walked across the border and got our visas. Then, after a three-hour wait, we got back on the bus. I am glad, however, that Dad managed to get the bus that he did- it was very comfortable. There were big seats that could recline 45 degrees, and you had a lot of room. On the way back there was a James Bond movie- one that I'm glad they put on because the dialog and language doesn't matter- for it was in Thai.

We got home at around 8:00 pm. We were so tired that we got something to eat and went straight to bed. Even though it was not a fun day, it was necessary nonetheless. Next time that we need to renew our visas will be the time that Mom is here, so she can go somewhere with me and Dad can go with our friend Kate to Laos.

Well, I have to go eat breakfast, so have a nice day, everyone!

No comments: