Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Elephant ride (2)

Hey! Sorry I didn't post yesterday when we got back, like I promised to. It was sorta late when we got home, and after dinner we went, like, right to bed.

It was awesome! Kali and I went on the elephant together, and it was great. We fed the baby elephant that kept drooling on my pants with it's trunk when it reached up- :P. Kali says that she liked the baby best (she is again sitting right next to me), but I still didn't like the drooling part.

Next was the hike to the waterfall. It was so pretty! But Kali got muddy on the way up and down the steep muddy slope because crocks (the shoes) don't have much friction. The way back from the waterfall was great, we had to cross rivers and stuff. Tropical forests are so full of life, we must have seen thousands of butterflies and birds on the way.

Last of all was the bamboo rafting. (We couldn't bring a camera on it unless it was waterproof- which it's not- so there's not a picture. Sorry!) It was fun, since I had made sure that we brought our swimsuits (Bob and Sherri didn't listen, so they got their clothes wet), but I didn't like the guy that poled the raft. It was like he was making fun at us! When Kali or I would laugh, for instance, he would imitate us in a high-pitched squeaky voice. Humph- grumble grumble grumble. I really didn't like him.

So that was our day! It was good, although comparing it to the other one, some parts were good, some bad. All in all, it was an fine day.

1 comment:

gramp[s said...

Hey Rachel,

This is Kali's Grandad and I was wanting to say hello and chat about "The elephant Ride (2)" and say hello.
I had just finished, and was ready to send my comment,and I obviouisly did something wrong and it went off in to the ether. I don't knopw if it went to your site or was erased so I'm starting again.I saw the picture ofmyou and Kali on the (2) mride and also the picturefrom ride (1). It was a real chuckle to see Elly reaching up for treats from you.
I would guess that Kali is right with you as you read this. If so, HI KALI.
Sherri told us about the baby elephant reaching in to her bag of bananas to help itself. I guess that you taught him/her some manners Kali.
Rachel, your Dad has given you a wonderful chance to see a lot of the world and to see different places and people. He must be a great guy. By the way, thanks to both of you for letting Sherri use your phone to call us Saturday
night. That was a big thrill to talk to her from 12,000 miles away and to have it as clear as a bell.
Please give big hugs to all of the grownups there with you. I guess you need to hug yourself as your postings are really grownup.

Bye from Gramps

p.s. If you did not receive the first addition of this I will repeat my original post script.
Sherri's brother, Rob, lives in Alamosa where it was -33 degees the other night. I guess that is a little different from where youall are.