Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cairo day 3 and home

The second day in Cairo was fun, too. We went to the Egyptian Museum. It was established by the Egyptian government in 1835. The ground floor covers the history of ancient Egypt. Upstairs on the first floor are tons of smaller items from Egyptian history. On the second floor there is also the coffins, mask, and other treasures from the tomb of King Tutankhamen. The museum was really amazing, but the only problem was my stomachache. I often had to sit down if there was a bench near where our guide, Michael, was explaining something. Oh, well. We spent around 2 hours exploring the Egyptian Museum, when we needed 2 months :)

After the Egyptian Museum we went to the Papyrus (paper) shop, which was a shop explaining how the ancient Egyptians made their paper. It also had some murals on the paper for sale, but they were expensive. We weren't allowed to take pictures there, but Mom snuck in a few. Two of my favorites were a cat and a winged goddess, both of which you can see in the picture. There were a lot of replicas of them, but I liked these best. That cat I liked best for really no apparent reason. I liked that particular winged goddess because it was the most colorful of the other ones. All of them were really nice.

The rest of the time out I had to stay and sit in the bus because of my stomach. But I was happy and Mom didn't have to worry so all was well. We went back to the hotel with something to look forward to, though. We were going on a cruise ship for dinner on the Nile! It started at 9:30 ad continued until around midnight or so. It was great! The food was good, although Mom and I had to stay away from some stuff. As Dad keeps lecturing me: " Boil it, peel it, or forget it." My stomach stopped hurting in the time that we were at the hotel, and it never came back. Yay! Anyway, back to the cruise... there were two entertainers there. One was a beautiful blond bellydancer, and the other was a man that twirled around for a long time.

The next day we woke up at 6:45 am went on another 14-hour ride back home, and we got back to the house at around midnight (again). It felt so good to be back home. And now here I am, writing this post!

Have a good day, my adoring fans! :) (heehee)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi I am glad you went to Cairio because I will be studying it in a week!
I wish I could go there sometime.

Your friend,
A L E X