Why the Blog?

These days everyone wants to travel the world. As kids and teens we dream about it. As adults we might often think about it, but never find the time. We dream, but few of us ever reach our goal. I am one of those few.
Soon, starting September 4 , my dad and I are going overseas to three places-Israel, Thailand and Prague, Czech Republic. Well, those are where our homes are going to be, but we will be traveling in Egypt, Sweden, and other places. We will stay in each place for about three months.
I am an eleven-year-old girl named Rachael. My father is Philip and my mother(who is not coming for the whole trip but is visiting) is Margie. In this blog I will keep you posted about events. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

I am NOT Israeli


Hey everyone! Wow, I am finally in Israel! It is really...different, and exciting, getting to see what is different than in the US. As I said before, Dad and I have an 8th floor flat here, a 20 minuet walk from the Mediterranean Sea. It is so hot here, I am glad we have air conditioning in our house.
(above: me and Itzhak)
Yesterday I met some kids, grand-nieces and nephew of one of Dad's long-time friends Orit (Or-it) and her brother-in-law Itzhak. (Eet-sack) The youngest is a really cute five-year-old
girl named Enav (E-nuh-vuh).
Her brother is a little boy named Shier (Sh-ee-r).
(above: Dad and Orit)
He is fun to play with, but a little impatient sometimes. The oldest is a girl my age (11) named Sleel (Sl-ee-l). She taught me to play a game of checkers, which, naturally, I lost.


Gtg, now. Bye!

No comments: